Friday, November 6, 2009

Getting over the Voldemorts

Ugh. Just my luck that on the eve of my Quidditch career, I should
come down with a virus. It's a Muggle sickness, naturally, so it
can't be treated by normal Magical means: I actually had to go to a
Muggle walk in clinic and speak to a Muggle doctor. She told me that I
have an "unnamed viral infection", so we have been calling it the
Voldemort virus. It's likely to be H1N1 or the seasonal flu. Either
way I have been feeling like junk for the last little bit.

But, I am on my way back to health, and once I kick this lingering
cough I'll be back on a broom in no time.

I've been doing a little bit of knitting to stay occupied while I
recuperate. I have a February Lady Sweater for my sister that just
needs a couple of sleeves (which may take a while since I am B-O-R-E-D
of working on it). I also cast on my first pair of socks in almost
five months--the Fascine Braid Socks. Now that the weather is getting
cooler, I'm noticing that my storebought socks just don't cut it.

I'm hoping to make some big progress on my kit tomorrow.

No comments: