Friday, November 20, 2009

Giving thanks

Like any good Canadian, I know that Thanksgiving really comes in
October, but I very firmly believe that there is never a bad time to
give thanks and to be thankful.

I am thankful for my partner/soon-to-be husband. I am thankful that
we've been able to grow our relationship through good times and bad,
and that in just over ten months we will exchange wedding vows in
front of our friends and family.

I am thankful for my family. My parents celebrated their 32nd wedding
anniversary this week, and I am thankful for their love and the
positive example they have set for me. I'm thankful for my sisters,
who I can count among my best friends.

I am thankful for the cat, even though right now he loves his dad more
than he loves me. And even though he keeps unravelling WIP socks.

I am thankful for my house and my car, and my job, which allows me to
have these things. I am thankful to be doing something that I love.

I am thankful for Ravelry, which has allowed me to meet so many people
and to learn so many new things.

I am thankful to have a swap partner from outside of Canada, because I
can send her lots of things that would be mundane to other Canadians,
but might be exotic and fun to someone else. Today, I picked up two
chocolate bars from a Canadian chain of chocolate stores, and I really
hope that she likes them.

No comments: