Wednesday, July 16, 2008

quidditch, exams, and next year's adventure...

It has been a good term for me here at Hogwarts. Headmistress Wartbobble's idea that knitting would keep me out of trouble seems to have been successful, much to Michael and Euan's disappointment. I'm not likely to come out tops in any of our classes (it's a tremendous feat for us Ravenclaws) but I don't think I'll be too far off the mark, either. I've made lots of new friends amongst the other knitters here in the castle, and they've even invited me to take some more advanced classes with them next term. I haven't decided just yet, but I will definitely be thinking about it. I've enjoyed it much more than I would have thought possible.

A big topic of conversation around the castle in the last few days has been dyeing yarn. A lot of the other knitters here are dyers as well, and the things that they come up with our truly magical. I've purchased some natural yarn, and am hoping to try to work some magic upon it soon--it's my treat to myself once the term is over and I'm all done exams.

Dorian the kitten continues to be cute all of the time. When he sleeps, he looks like he has no spine. He curves all over the place. There's one Quidditch match left, and I'm going to kit him out in some Ravenclaw gear...which will hopefully bring us a little luck.

No comments: