Saturday, November 1, 2008

alpaca, alpaca, alpaca

The strangest thing of all happened this week: Eugene and I were actually alone in the common room together, so we chatted about knitting and literature. It was marvellous. I also had an opportunity to do something for extra credit - a field trip to an alpaca farm.

Here's something you should know: I love alpacas. I love their fleece, I love the weird humming noises that they make, and I love the way they look. They just have very sweet eyes, I think. The trip to the farm was a lot of fun, and I only broke my self-imposed yarn diet a little--but then, I don't think diets should count for local yarn.

november 017
Two alpacas frolicking.

november 015
The two guard llamas.

november 011
An alpaca named Raven, who loves humans and human contact, and was described by her owner as being like "a giant dog."

november 006
Including laying down on the floor like this.

november 005
Some of the white alpacas.

november 007
This one kept looking right at me! I think he wants to be my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Stu, how super cool! And of course, local yarn doesn't not count as stash building one bit! ;-)

onescrappychick said...

I love alpacas too. And I loved my surprise card that came in the mail today! Thank you so much. I had a lousy day at work, and that just made my whole day.

Pandora said...

Cute alpacas! That is too bad about your new duvet...I think this was the most unlucky Halloween and Birthday I have ever had! I made me extremely happy when I got your card in the mail though!!!! Happy Birthday to you too!

Meggie (Megaera) Black said...

Happy Belated Birthday Stu! Sorry Life has been really stressed for me right now and it slipped my mind.