Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birthday Madness and Kit Completion

Thank you to everyone for all of the birthday wishes, and especially to my splendiforous partner Megaera Black, who surprised me with a generous and awesome gift: a gift card for my favourite bath and body store, Lush. I'm so excited for that, especially since they now have all of their holiday products available.

The birthday itself was pretty uneventful. Dorian got the day off to a less-than-spectacular start by vomiting copiously all over my brand new duvet at half past five in the morning. He is six months old now, and I somehow managed to book his appointment for the Big Snip for the morning of my birthday. He wasn't allowed to have any food after 8 p.m. the night before, and I think that in his hunger he started nibbling on the one plant Eugene and I have here in the room, which caused him to be sick.

Everyone down at Care of Magical Creatures just loved him, though, and one of the first years almost refused to let me take him back to Ravenclaw Tower. He was Very Angry with me for the rest of the day, and hid in his pet carrier while making a point of snuggling up close to Eugene whenever I was around.

I did receive a ball winder and a swift as gifts as well, so now I am all set to get started on my holiday knitting.

No comments: