Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gifts of which I am not worthy



It's no secret around Ravenclaw Tower, but the rest of Hogwarts may not know that I will be moving to another part of the Tower next week. The boys' section needs to undergo some repairs to the tower structure, and so Michael, Euan, and I are being shunted around. The headmistress was hoping that the repairs could be held off until the term finishes, but after all the rain we've had in the last few weeks, they'll have to be started sooner as opposed to later.

Since the move is still a week away, I haven't started packing yet.

I awoke to a very pleasant surprise this morning. My spoiler, the lovely and talented Seeker from Gryffindor, Cassandra Grubbly-Plank, had borrowed an express owl to send me a very special package. (See photo above.) I guess she has heard through the grapevine about the move, and thought I might need a little motivation to get things together. She sent me some Spellotape for the boxes (with a dispenser, too, which will hopefully prevent me from taping my hands or my wand to my robe), some markers to label my boxes, and a pen and notepads to keep track of everything. She also very thoughtfully included some Gummy Bears, which are one of my favourite Muggle treats, and which will be very useful in keeping myself motivated over the next few days...

Thanks so much, CGP!!

2 comments:

Queen Frysia said...

That was very thoughtful! Lucky you, and good luck with the move! We might have room for three more in our dorm . . .

Cassandra Grubbly-Plank said...

You're very welcome Stuart! I hope the move goes well for you.