Monday, June 23, 2008

Not fair...

My mum and dad took advantage of being on holiday last week, and went to visit my dad's sister Nettie, who is living on the Isle of Skye right now. The Isle of Skye is supposed to be one of the nicest parts of Scotland to visit (a fact I cannot confirm, as every time I've gone to visit Nettie it has been raining). My parents got lucky, it seems, as the weather was nice the whole time they were there, and they wound up renting a Muggle car and touring around the island. (Apparently you can "see more" this way, as opposed to travelling by broomstick; I rather think my father was just happy to get his hands on the wheel of a Citroen again.)

As they were driving, my mother noticed a sign that said, "Handspun - turn right," and she compelled my father to turn the car. (A look from her is often more effective than confunding someone, my father has often said.) As they were travelling down the road towards this farm/studio, they saw this:



They got to have a look around at all of the facilities, including all of these fabulous yarns:


I think these ones were silk or silk blends:



The worst part of all this is that my parents didn't buy anything. Apparently they didn't have any Muggle money on them!

(It was at the precise moment that my mother confessed to not buying anything at this shop and I became quite irate with her that I realized I have converted to this knitting thing wholy and completely. I can't wait to try making socks.)

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I really love the photo of the yarn drying on the fence, with the stone building to the side. Gorgeous!!! I've got to admit, I'm slightly jealous of your parents as well.
Happy Knitting!

Emerald

Cassandra Grubbly-Plank said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of knitting! I suggest finding a corner of your dorm to dedicate to stash!

Cassandra Grubbly-Plank said...

Hey Stuart! Keep your eyes on the skies, there's an owl headed your way!!!