Friday, May 9, 2008

If no news is good news, then this must be crap

I've really done it this time.



Wisteria and Minee, our prefect and head girl respectively, were to host a welcome back party in our common room last night. In fact, they did host a welcome back party, but I didn't get to attend. Rather, I spent the evening waiting outside of Headmistress Wartbobble's office, waiting to speak to her.

Remember how I was saying earlier that the thing I remember most about first year is getting lost all the time? I had said as much to Michael and Euan as well, and somehow, between the three of us, we came up with the idea of drawing up some maps of the school grounds, and selling them to the first years. We were going to make just regular maps, and then Euan suggested we charm it so that you could tell it where you wanted to go, and it would map out your route. Sounds relatively harmless?

It was, at least until we thought it would be funny to make maps that would misdirect people on purpose...In retrospect, it may not have been the best idea to have the maps direct the holders to Professor Black's personal quarters...or to the Forbidden Forest. Between Black's anger and the tears on the face of the little Hufflepuff girl who spent three hours wandering around the Forest, completely lost, it's a wonder I wasn't expelled.

When I finally got to see the Headmistress, she really had very little to say to me. I stammered for about twenty minutes about how sorry I was. At the end, she just looked me and asked, "Am I right to imagine that these maps were not solely the product of your talents, Mr. Cauldwell?" I couldn't meet her eyes. "Very well, Mr. Cauldwell," she said. "You may return to your common room, and I hope you will tell your associates how fortunate they are that you have neglected to name them as party to this idiocy. I shall expect you to return tomorrow morning, however, and then we can discuss how you might begin to make amends for the...distress that you have caused today. You will go straight to bed, this evening, and I will see you immediately after breakfast. Do I make myself clear?"

I am so dead tomorrow.

1 comment:

Cassandra Grubbly-Plank said...

I can't believe that was you! Judging by the look on Proffessor Black's face after he sent the tenth student out of his room, you are in sooo much trouble! Good luck getting out of this one!