Sunday, May 25, 2008

Owls in the Family

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. The sniffling is almost done, although I find the dungeons during Potions sometimes make it come back.

The most exciting thing that's happened in the last few days has been that my Great Horned owl, Wol, has finally made it back from delivering a package to my grandmother in Majorca, where she's been vacationing for the last few weeks. He seems quite chuffed to be back at Hogwarts--I think the house elves feed him up a bit, he always seems to look a bit...puffier after he's been here for a few days. My brother Jim's owl, Weeps, always to shrink by comparison whenever I go home.

Now that I have him back I can start sending him out to get some things for my swap partner. I wish the Headmistress would tell us when the Hosgmeade visit is, as I'm told there are a few places to pick things up there, but barring that it will all be owl orders for me. One of the girls showed me the Etsy site and Knit Picks and I'm finding some pretty interesting things on there.

I've got 4 inches to do for Potions, so I'd best be off to the library.

No comments: